Most companies now use Conversational AI. Customers can contact them and converse with an AI first. The AI then connects the customers with live customer support.
There are only two types of Conversational AI. Distinguishing between these two types can be troublesome. Using Conversational AI offers plenty of benefits.
- Quick response any time and every time;
- Lower care costs and higher conversion rates;
- Consistent answer no matter what channel; and
- Connection through many channels, such as WhatsApp, Alex, Webchat, and Facebook.
This guide tackles the difference between the two types of Conversational AI.
White Glove Conversational AI
White Glove is a full-service conversational AI solution. It is a Virtual Assistant technology stack and a suite of AI optimization tools. It comes with a guaranteed level of system performance. It also delivers insightful data about customer behavior. This data supports business decision making. Not only that, it also delivers a solution to customers that learn every day. An experienced AI management team is also part of Conversational AI. As well as an extensive library of AI assets.
DIY or Do-It-Yourself Conversational AI
A DIY Conversational AI is a Virtual Assistant technology stack. Most companies prefer this type to see what it could do for them. A DIY type needs ongoing attention to work well. A full understanding of how to operate the technology within an organization is also a must. Most companies are not experts in operating data centers. This makes purchasing a service such as Cloud more efficient.
Choosing between the two types
There are questions you have to ask yourself before you decide which of the two is the best for your company.
- Does your organization have AI management skills?
- Can your organization keep them focused on virtual assistant training?
- Does your organization have the following?
- conversational designers;
- content managers; and
- machine learning experts.
- Can they dedicate their time to ensuring daily improvement of the virtual assistant?
If you answered most of the questions with a YES then you got an effective team. DIY may be the better choice for your company. Otherwise, a White Glove service from Clinc will provide you with experienced experts.
- What is the volume of customer transactions per year?
A DIY approach is better for anything below 1 million interactions.
- What is the level of complexity of your customer interactions?
Simple and limited-use cases go well with a DIY approach. A White Glove service is best for customers who need more complex interactions.